August 05, 2010

Past two weeks!

Last week I worked 4 night shifts in a row and I was very tired for the next few days. Thayne went camping the first night I was off and I wasn't interested in sleeping outside. Plus, Thayne wanted to make it a real adventure by riding his bike from our house to Big Cottonwood Canyon and then up to the Beaver Pond where his friends were to meet him. Luckily a forest ranger gave him some water as he started to run out. He almost had a midnight run in with a moose only to find out that the moose he'd been watching all night was only a shadow. My last words to him were, "Don't pass out!"And he didn't until the day after, he and Theo took a 3 hour nap. I decided to join them too.

Pumpkins are starting to make their appearance.



As you can see that the sunflowers are once again taking over this spot by our front door. Soon they might actually shade the laundry room behind them.



If you don't know already, Thayne always has to make a funny face when we take a picture. We went for a walk after Sunday dinner this past week.




This is what Theo usually looks like.



Sue and I caught a picture too.



The grapes are back and I'm excited about juicing them again this year. I'm going to try and let a little frost catch them. A Wasatch Community Gardens class said it can be just the ticket to sweeter grapes.



I can't believe how much the pumpkins can grow in a week and a half.



Sorry, no photos of the finished kitchen. I keep asking Thayne if I can take a picture but he says no because the renters have already made the kitchen messy. Maybe some day we'll post a finished picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment