July 19, 2010

Big things are happening!

I missed a week of posting on the garden so these should look more spectacular than you might expect.





You'll notice some watermelon plants in the foreground. I hope they do their thing in enough time to enjoy them before the cold starts to come back. In the background you'll see our zulla squash plants closer and the pumpkin plants spilling over the rocks near the house.





The balloon flowers are back this year without extra watering necessary. I was a little afraid they weren't going to come back but here they are. They are so cool because they balloon out like this before the become a flower. Then the flower dies and you can pop it off and many more buds are usually already on their way.




Our corn is starting to tassel out. It is still fairly short so I hope that is ok. The tallest are up to my chest about.



We headed to the pool again this week. Last week we took a bunch of cute pictures and came home to find that the memory card was not in the camera. We were pretty disappointed. We'll go again and get some good shots. Theo didn't get in this time. He just laid out by the pool.

1 comment: