October 28, 2008

Ketchup

Because we are bad bloggers I am now spending a few hours to update this page in hopes it will be a lesson to update as I go.

For those of you who haven't seen it, here is a shot of the big banana. Thayne made this in an art class and we blew it up again at our neighborhood party a couple years ago. It is inflated by a commercial grade fan running continuously, like the super bouncer things at little kids birthday parties.



As well in the spring I graduated from the University of Utah in Nursing. My family came to visit and while they were here we went to Antelope Island, our little home away from home. Most of the time the brine flies were attacking our faces but we made the most of it. For those who don’t know I did manage to get a job with this degree. I am working at the University Hospital on the maternity floor.




Quickly after the graduation festivities we headed south with some friends from my nursing program (Heidi and Gentry) to Goblin Valley. We hiked around the goblins, Little Wild Horse and Horseshoe Canyons.





Our two-year anniversary was just around the corner on May 13. We hiked up a random place in Immigration Canyon.



And we hadn’t had enough of the great outdoors yet. We went a few times up City Creek Canyon with or friend Jared. Here’s me playing in the water.



And we jammed one more thing into the month of May and went up to Boise to see our friend Stephanie. Here we are at the top of this huge hill in one of their awesome parks. You can see the beautiful landscape in the background. (Don’t ask me why Thayne has on a sweater and we are all in shorts and t-shirts!) One of the days we were there we all found bikes lying in the streets and saddled up to head to market in downtown. Well really some brought their bikes and others borrowed out of Stephanie’s garage. There are other pictures previously on our blog from that trip too when we went to the Sand Dunes.





Then we skip ahead to August when we went with out niece and nephews to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. As you can see the little ones got in a bit of trouble. This month two more nephews were born as well. First came Abraham Alan on August 6th and then Benjamin Golden on August 9th. Sorry no pictures of them. You can ask Thayne about that.



Then in September we went to the dedication of the ground where Thayne’s parent’s new home will be built. They were given a golden shovel for the occasion and our nephews are helping to drive it in the ground.



Zachary’s birthday came up on the 24th and we went to a rockin Superhero Birthday Party. I was Pippy Long Stocking (I am uncertain of what her magical power is) and Thayne was Senor Loco and all the kids were after him. Zachy got these sweet pair of punching fists that made noise when they hit something, or someone.




While the weather was seemingly good we took a trip up Guardsman’s Pass one the moto. But we were sadly frozen the whole way. If you look closely you can see my nose about to fall off. And I think the picture is a bit fuzzy because we’re shivering so much.



Lastly and most recently my dad came out to visit up for the weekend. We headed up the canyon to see the leaves change. And for the record we went to this new bakery that opened up next to the Trio restaurant on 700 South and 900 East. We had amazing quiche, croissants and sweet treats. It was really good!



If I have missed an important thing this summer it is because Thayne didn’t take pictures of it. So if you’re feeling left out of our blog, the next time we hang out make sure Thayne takes a bunch of pictures of you. Hopefully this post can put us on the map for blogs.

(P.S. I realize there are a lot of pictures of our nephews here. But they are practically our kids so please excuse us!)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the Lake Street updates!! :) Hope work is going well Chrisy...we missed ya the other night. :) Give Thayne our best and party on! -Wein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for blogs! I didn't even know you had one! Very fun updates of your life the last little while! Lets all play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan sent me your blog address. I'm glad to have it; now we can properly keep up with you and Thayne. Melodie, Lucinda and I have blogs as well. If you want the addresses, let me know via e-mail or facebook. Love ya! Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete